Heritage places are a fundamental part of Australia’s tourism industry.
The top ten regions in Australia for domestic overnight cultural and heritage tourism visitors are: Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, North Coast NSW, Gold Coast, Central NSW, Adelaide, South Coast NSW, Western Victoria.
heritagetourism.com.au aims to provide:
- New innovations to assist heritage tourism businesses and heritage destinations promotion.
- Enhance marketing and positioning of heritage attractions.
- Improve the business skills and practices of regional attractions and heritage tourism operators.
- Improve regional coordination and communications.
- Improve heritage tourism infrastructure and locating resources.
- Provide heritage tourism workshops and presentations.
“Whether natural, cultural or Indigenous heritage, or a combination of all three, Australia’s regional heritage tourism importance cannot be underestimated. Heritage tourism has enormous potential for growth in regional communities.”
Australian Heritage Commission.
As a heritage tourism operator, should you wish a feature page of the website please contact us.
State, Regional and local Tourism bodies are more than welcome to submit media releases for publication.
PO Box 52 Milton NSW 2538
Ph: 02 44554780